Jaipur Shekhawati Same Day Tour
Come take a tour of Mandawa, the most popular place in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan, famous for its forts and havelis.
Tour Duration: 1 Day
- Explore the heart of the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan.
- Learn about traditional Shekhawati culture and it's architecture.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private, air-conditioned vehicle included.
Mandawa is a town in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan in India. It is part of the Shekhawati region. Probably the most popular place in the Shekhawati region. Situated 170 km off Jaipur in the north, Mandawa is known as the Open Art Gallery of Rajasthan for a reason. The entire region is dotted with spectacular Havelis. And all these havelis have some of the most exceptional and unmatchable art works in the world.
- You will be picked up from your hotel/residence in the Jaipur city limits.
- Post pick-up you will be driven to Mandawa which is a 3.5 - 4 hours drive from Jaipur. Upon arrival you may visit the following suggested places:
- Mandawa Fort: The fort of Mandawa was founded in the 18th century. Thakur Nawal Singh, son of Shardul Singh, founded the fort in Vikram Samvat 1812 (1755 AD). The fort dominates the town with a painted arched gateway adorned with Lord Krishna and his cows.
- Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli: This haveli has a painting depicting Indra Dev on an elephant and Lord Shiva on his Nandi bull. Goenka Double Haveli. This haveli, with two gates, has a monumental façade of elephants and horses. The outer walls, jutting balconies, alcoves and overhanging upper storeys are replete with patterns and paintings.
- Murmuria Haveli: The paintings of trains, cars, George V, and Venice were executed on the walls of this haveli during the 1930s by Balu Ram, one of the last working artists of the region.
- Gulab Rai Ladia Haveli: This haveli is located in the south of town, where the decoration of the outer and inner walls is perhaps the finest in Shekhawati.
- Later visit Nawalgarh, its famous for its fresco and havelis and considered as Golden City of Rajasthan. It is also the motherland of some great business families of India. The market place of the town and layout of the havelis signalize that the original city was well-planned before structure. Nawalgarh was considered to be the most modern towns of Shekhawati.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Jaipur city limits.
- Air Conditioned – Toyota Innova – SUV / Mid-Size Sedan / Mini Van
- All Sightseeing & Airport Transfers by an A/C Car.
- Driver Allowances ( Food & Accommodation )
- Fuel ( Petrol/Diesel/Gasoline),Parking Charges, Toll Taxes & Interstate Taxes.
- All Government Taxes.
- Accommodation / Hotels
- Guide Charges ( If guide require )
- Personal Expenses,
- Monuments Entrance Fees / Camera Fees, Entrance Fees of National Park
- Other Activities
- Meal Expenses
- Air /Train / Bus Fare
- Driver’s Tips on your discretion……..